We will not collect information from this site or disclose information collected from this site to outside entities, except as described below.
1. Collection of Information from Site Visitors BCBSNE may collect and track:
- Technical Information, such as home server domain names, downloaded files, search engines, operating systems, Web browsers, IP address, web site address of your point of entry to our site and user-specific information (such as which pages on our site you visit).
- Personal Information, such as e-mail addresses and other information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, surveys, e-mail, and other online avenues. Personal Information could also include demographic information (such as zip code, gender and age), contact information (such as street address and phone number), financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers), and private health information (such as family medical history or recent doctor visits).
"Session Cookies" are used on this website: These cookies reside on the Web browser and have no expiry date. They expire as soon as the visitor closes the Web browser. Session cookies remember information only for as long as the visitor operates the Web browser in a single "session" (or "sitting"). Session cookies can be used by Web site operators to determine information such as what parts of a Web site are popular, how long people stay on certain sections of a Web site and what browsers people are using.
You also can limit the automatic collection of certain information by our or other Web sites. Most Internet browsers residing on computers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using specific features on our sites, such as ordering products or services and maintaining an online account.
3. Use of Information Collected
Financial and private health information you give us will be used to provide services to you, answer your questions, or otherwise do business with you. Other types of individually identifiable personal information, such as names, postal and e¬mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to BCBSNE may be added to our databases and be used for future calls and mailings regarding site updates, new products and services and upcoming events. Technical information and aggregated, anonymous personal information collected may be used by BCBSNE for many reasons – for example, product development, content improvement, or customization and enhancement of the content and layout of our website.
4. Outside Access to Information
Occasionally, it may be necessary for us to give outside entities under contract with us access to information to assist in maintenance of this site or other systems, or to assist us in communicating with you. Such entities will be under a contractual obligation to use the information solely for the purposes of their work on our behalf. We do not sell or transfer your personal information to nonaffiliated entities for their marketing purposes. We may release any information, including individually identifiable personal information, when we believe in good faith that such release is:
• necessary to comply with the law or a valid court order.
• helpful in responding to your communication.
For example, if you submit a question about our handling or a claim, we may communicate with the health care provider who submitted the claim.
5. Cautionary Note about Information Transmitted Via the Internet
BCBSNE has security features in place to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information on our systems. The forms we have provided on our website for you to send us questions regarding your coverage and claims are secure and fully encrypted. Please be advised, however, that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from BCBSNE via e-mail cannot be guaranteed.