You Have Choices Regarding How Information about You Is Shared
If you would like to opt-out of information sharing with outside companies not affiliated with Indiana Wesleyan University, your preferences will be honored. If you choose to opt out of information sharing, please call us at our toll-free number, 866-325-6307. If you have already provided an opt-out choice to us, you do not need to opt-out again unless you decide to change your preferences.
Information We Collect
In the course of serving you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide to us on applications or forms, such as name, address, phone numbers, social security number as well as financial, biographical, demographic, military & selective service information, etc.;
- Information we receive from outside companies, such as credit bureaus regarding your credit history and credit worthiness, marketing companies that provide info on educational and professional background, biographical and demographical info and interests, and other companies and information;
- Information from current or past employers, such as employment status, dates of employment, position, etc.;
- Information about your transactions or experiences with Indiana Wesleyan University or its affiliates such as account balances, payment history, due and over due charges, etc.;
- Electronic data collected automatically by software, such as IP address, browser used, Indiana Wesleyan University login name, etc.;
- Educational records from other institutions, such as grades, studies, interests, standardized test scores, etc.
The customer information we collect is used to provide educational and financial aid services and to help you achieve your goals.
Reasons for Collecting Information
Information may be used or shared within the Indiana Wesleyan University family, as well as with authorized third parties, for a number of purposes such as:
- To protect you from fraud, unauthorized transactions and the like;
- To process your requests for financial aid;
- To service your accounts with Indiana Wesleyan University;
- To keep you informed about services that can meet your needs now and in the future;
- To process requests to transfer to or from Indiana Wesleyan University;
- To confirm eligibility for admission and other programs at Indiana Wesleyan University.
Information Shared with Third-Parties
We share information with third parties when they are acting on our behalf, or acting jointly with us.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, with third parties that are acting on our behalf or are acting jointly with us, including:
- Collections agencies;
- Advertising and marketing partners;
- Other institutions that are acting under joint programs with us, and provide services that are different than those we provide to you.
We only share information with third parties when those third-parties have agreed in writing to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as provided by Indiana Wesleyan University.
We also share information with others as permitted or required by law such as (but not limited to) credit bureaus, government entities, in responding to subpoenas and other legal processes, and those with whom you have requested us to share information.
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about our consumers to anyone for the purpose of marketing or soliciting products or services other than our own. We share information regarding past customers in the same manner as current ones.