North Memorial Job Applicant Privacy Notice
North Memorial Health (“North Memorial”) understands the importance of privacy to our job applicants and we take our responsibility to protect their personal information seriously. This privacy notice describes the types of personal information we collect from job applicants, how we use it, and with whom we may share the information. Please read this notice carefully to ensure understanding of our practices.
Personal Information We May Collect From You
The types of personal information we may collect through the job application process can include the following categories:
- Identity information —first name, last name, job applicant portal username and password, social security number, drivers’ license or other state identification number, and other similar identifying information.
- Contact information — physical address, email address, and telephone number.
- Educational information — schools attended, degrees or certifications earned, grades or class results, disciplinary records, or other education records and information.
- Employment information — current and former employer names, job title and description of job duties and responsibilities.
- Application information — information about your job application process, including what position you applied for, when you applied, and the method used to apply.
- Demographic and background information — age, gender, race, color military status, current and former employer names, job title, information concerning medical conditions, disability-related information, criminal history, and other demographic or background information.
We collect this information directly from job applicants when they provide it through their job application and resumé, communications, and the interview process. We also collect this information from third parties such as your references, vendors we use to pre-employment background screening, and the entity that hosts our job applicant portal.
How We Use This Information
We use the personal information that we collect from job applicants for the following purposes based on the information collected as permitted by law:
- To consider job applicants for current and potential future employment opportunities. (Note: we only use demographic and background information as permitted by applicable law.)
- To evaluate job applicants’ employment application and corroborate the information contained in the application and any supporting documents.
- To schedule job applicants for interviews and communicate with them about their application and employment opportunities.
- For all employment-related purposes, including (but not limited to): (1) administration and coordination of benefits; (2) payroll and reimbursement; (3) performance reviews, promotions, disciplinary actions, and other Human Resource functions; (4) to administer and facilitate employees’ performance of their job duties; and (5) any other employment-related purpose.
- To negotiate, perform, and review any contracts with, and services being provided by, service providers.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- To keep a record of our interactions and communications with job applicants.
- In any other way we may describe when we collect information from job applicants.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us in conducting our business, provided the use is permitted by law.
- For the protection of our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, employees, or other parties.
- For any other purposes with job applicants’ consent.
We may share some of the personal information with third-party vendors as necessary for us to consider a particular job applicant for employment. Such vendors could include the entity that hosts our job applicant portal and the agencies we use to conduct pre-employment screening (such as background checks and drug screening).